Monday, June 2, 2014

Chasing the Void



When you've been around long enough, you'll eventually understand that you'll never know everything, you'll never experience everything, you'll never see, taste, smell, or feel everything because the concept of "everything" is one big false hope. But, that's OK, because, after a while, you forget about that and just go with the flow, try to stay in the grove, and realize that there is no beginning nor end, only "now" (as everything as it gets) and "not now" - The Void (as nothing as it gets). So, chasing "everything" makes as much sense as chasing The Void - it doesn't.

Billy Radd
Asheville

2 comments:

  1. A complex piece, Billy Radd and haunting especially the end which reminds me of muted ambulance sirens that I would hear en-route to a scene where, God willing, I could be of some help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael, Im so glad you took the time to listen and could relate to it on a personal level. I, too, thought of the end sounding like a siren which is likely one of the last sounds many unfortunate people hear on earth. It makes me happy that my music might strike a chord in any listener, and especially such a valued old friend like you. I'm just finishing up on another song that's a bit more fun in which I solo on a kazoo, which is right up my alley, right?

    ReplyDelete